Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts Indian Forest Services Exam or IFS exam every year for recruitment to forestry services of India. For qualifying UPSC IFS exam candidates have to clear two exams and an interview. Candidates who qualify UPSC Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam, can appear for second stage exam which is Indian Forest Service (Main) written Exam followed by interview.
Educational Qualification Required for UPSC IFS Exam to apply are as below:
– Age Limit: Candidate must be between age of 21-30 years on 1st July of the year of examination.
– Candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects stated, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering of a recognized university or equivalent.
– Candidates appearing at their degree examination (with prescribed subjects) are also eligible to compete.
UPSC Indian Forest Service Examination or UPSC IFS Exam Pattern: Eligible candidates will be required to appear for a Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam (Objective type) Exam. After qualifying it Candidates will appear in Indian Forest Service (Main) Written Exam followed by an Interview.
IFS Exam consists of two stages:
1) Civil Services Preliminary Exam (Objective Type)
2) Main Examination (Written and Interview)
1) UPSC Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam Pattern: This exam consists of Objective type questions and it will comprise of two mandatory papers of 200 marks each. Candidates will be given two hours duration for the exam.
|Paper||Subject||Sections||Max. Marks||Time Alloted|
|– Environment (Environmental Ecology,|
Bio-diversity, Climate Change)
– General Science
– Indian History / Politics
– English Language Comprehension
– Logical Reasoning & Analytical Ability
– General Mental Ability & Basic Numeracy
– Decision Making & Interpersonal Skills
NOTE: The question papers will be in both languages i.e. Hindi and English except English Language Comprehension section in Paper II.
2) UPSC Indian Forest Service (Main) Exam Pattern: The IFS main Examination will consist of written examination and an interview test. The written examination consisting of the following papers.
|03||Any two subjects to be selected|
from the list of optional subjects.
Each subject will have two papers.
NOTE: All Question Papers will be set in English only.
Candidates have to choose their optional subjects from the subjects listed below:
Animal Husbandary & Veterinary Science
NOTE: Candidates can not make following combination of subjects :
(a) Agriculture and Agricultural Engineering
(b) Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
(c) Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
(d) Mathematics and Statistics
(e) Of the Engineering subjects viz. Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering – not more than one subject.
3) UPSC Indian Forest Service Interview Pattern: The maximum marks for interview 300 marks. Candidates have to present their academic knowledge of the opted subject to the interviewer.
Some of the books which can help candidates to prepare for Indian Forest Service (IFS) Exam are suggested as below.
Books for UPSC IFS Main Exam SubjectsYou can choose according to your optional subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, Animal Husbandary & Veterinary Science, Agriculture respectively.
These books consists of all the related topics at one place.
We wish our candidates All The Best for the Upcoming Exams and wish them great future ahead!!
Leave a comment below for any further queries or suggestions.
respected sir/maam, I would like to know which is the best book list to study for Indian Forest service??please maam /sir give me son information about the book (email- Mandytalangs@gmail.com) thank you.