Railways Recruitment Boards (RRB), one of the largest employer of India every year recruits at a large scale for the post of Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) and Technician Categories. Common written examination for Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) and Technician Categories is held on the same day by all participating RRBs. In addition to English, Hindi and urdu are choice of languages for each RRB is given.
Eligibility Required to apply for this post are as below:
Age Limit: Candidates must be between the age of 18 to 30 years at the time of applying.
Education Qualifications: Candidates must have qualified Matriculation exam along with course completed Act Apprenticeship/ ITI approved by NCVT/ SCVT in the trades of Fitter/ Electrician/ Instrument Mechanic/ Millwright Maintenance Mechanic/ Mechanic Radio & TV/ Electronics Mechanic/ Mechanic Motor Vehicle etc, 10+2 with Maths/ Physics, Diploma in Engineering for ALP Post and Matriculation plus course completed Act Apprenticeship/ ITI approved by NCVT/ SCVT in the trades of Electrician/ Electrical Fitter/ Wire man/ Electronics/ Information Technology/ TV & Radio/ Instrumentation/Computer/ Computer Networking etc, 10+2 with Maths/ Physics, Diploma in Engineering in Electrical/ Electronics/ Microprocessor/ etc for Technician posts.
Railways Recruitment Boards (RRB) Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) and Technician Exam Pattern: Selection will be through merit list, on the performance basis in single stage written examination.
RRB ALP and Technician Written Exam Pattern: The questions will be objective type with multiple choice and will consist of following sections:
|Sr No.||Subject||Max. Questions||Time Alloted|
NOTE:- Negative Marking: 1/3 marks of allotted marks will be deducted with each wrong answer.
– Question paper of Railway Asst. loco Pilot Exam will be in made in Hindi, English, Urdu and in the Elected language.
– Shortlisted candidates will be called for Aptitude test. After qualifying aptitude test candidates will be called for document verification.
Some of the books which can help candidates to prepare for Railways Recruitment Boards (RRB) Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) and Technician Exam or RRB ALP and Technician Exam are suggested as below.
Books For Indian Railway Assistant Loco Pilot Exam (In English):
Books For Indian Railway Assistant Loco Pilot Exam (In Hindi):
Syllabus for Railways Recruitment Boards RRB Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) Exam: RRB Asst Loco Pilot Technical Ability Syllabus includes:
1) Mechanical: Dimensions, Heat, Engine, Thermo Dynamics, Energy, Material, Energy Conservation, Management, Applied Mechanics, Turbo Machinery, Production Engineering, Automation Engineering, Kinetic Theory, The Strength Of The Material, Metallurgical, Metal Handling, Refrigerators And Air Conditioned, Transformation Of Heat, etc.
2) Automobile: Machine Design, System Theory, IC Engines, Heat Transfer, Thermo Dynamics, Materials Applying Motion, The Power Plant Turbines And Boilers, And Metallurgical Production Technology, etc.
3) Electrical: Electrical India, Rolls, Cables, Transfers, Proved To Be The Fundamental Electrical System, An Alternative System Single Phase Motor, Three Phase Motor System, Light, Magnetism, Motors, etc.
4) Electronics and Communication: The Transistor, Dias, Digital Electronics, Networking And Industrial Electronics, Electronic Tube, Semi-Conductor Physics, Robotic Radio Communications Systems And Satellite Matters, Computer And Micro Processor, etc.
English: Articles, Prepositions, Voices, Tenses, Synonyms, Antonyms, etc., from the Basic Grammar
Reasoning: Encoding, Decoding, Blood Ties, Arrangements, Calendar and Topics – Dates, Weeks, Classification, Analogy, Verbal and Non-Verbal Question
Arithmetic : Time and Distance Factors, Ratios, Averages, Interest, Pictogram-Based Problems, etc.
We wish our candidates All The Best for the Upcoming Exams and wish them great future ahead!!
Leave a comment below if you can suggest some other good books for this course. Also, if you have used the above books, please do provide a feedback.