The Joint Entrance Examination (Main) is conducted by the JEE Apex Board for admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programmes in NITs, IIITs and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions etc. Now, AIEEE is known as JEE (Main) and IIT -JEE as JEE (Advanced).
JEE (Main) is also an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which the candidate has to take if he/she is aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programmes offered by the IITs.
Eligibility Required to apply for Joint Entrance Examination (Main) Exam are as below:
- Candidates must have qualified Class XII examination in the 10+2 pattern of the examination from a recognised Central/State Board of Secondary examination for CBSE or ISCE.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognised Board/University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Any Public School/Board/University in India or in foreign countries recognised by the Association of Indian Universities or as equivalent to 10+2 pattern
- HSC Vocation examination.
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
- HSC 3 or 4-year diploma from AICTE approved State Board of Technical Education.
NOTE: – Candidates who are appearing in the Class XII final or equivalent examination may also appear in the JEE (Main) exam.
- Candidates can take a maximum number of 3 attempts at exam as per the Eligibility Criteria.
Exam Pattern for JEE (Mains): JEE (Main) will have two papers, Paper-1 and Paper-2. Candidates may take Paper-1, or Paper-2, or both as per the course(s) they are seeking admission to. Refer table below for requirement of papers for different courses:
|B.ARCH/B. PLANNING(At Institutions other than IITs)||Paper –2|
|All other undergraduate courses||Paper –1|
Subject combination for each paper, type of questions in each paper and mode of examination available is given in the table below:
|PAPER||SUBJECTS||TYPE OF QUESTIONS||MODE OF EXAM||TIME DURATION|
|Paper 1||Physics, Chemistry &|
|Objective type with equal|
weightage to Physics,
Chemistry & Mathematics
|Pen and Paper based|
OR Computer based
|Paper 2||Mathematics – Part I|
Aptitude Test – Part II &
Drawing Test – Part III
Questions to test drawing
|Only Pen and Paper|
Some of the books which can help candidates to prepare for JEE (Mains) exam are suggested as below-
FOR PAPER- I
1) Best Books for JEE Mains Mathematics:
2) Best Books for JEE Mains Physics:
3) Best Books for JEE Mains Chemistry:
For complete practice of all the three subjects of JEE Mains. You can buy complete set of below practice papers. These will really prove very helpful in your JEE MAINS Preperation:
FOR PAPER- II : Best Books for B. Arch. Exam Preparation:
These books consists of all the related topics at one place.
For the Preparation Books of JEE Advance 2014, you can refer here.
We wish our candidates All The Best for the Upcoming Exams and wish them great future ahead!!
Leave a comment below for any futher queries or suggestions.