Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani is a Deemed University having 15 academic departments. BITS primary focus is on undergraduate education in engineering and the sciences. Admissions to all the Integrated First Degree programmes of BITS, Pilani, at Pilani campus, Goa campus, and Hyderabad Campus for the academic year is made on the basis of a Computer based Online Test conducted by BITS, Pilani. BITSAT (BITS Admission Test) offers Integrated First Degree Programmes in B.E.(Hons.), B.Pharm.(Hons.), M.Sc.(Hons.) and M.Sc.(Tech.). B.E.(Hons.) is offered at BITS Pilani centers in following technical fields-
1) Chemical Engineering
2) Civil Engineering
3) Computer Science
4) Electrical and Electronics Engineering
5) Electronics and Communication Engineering
6) Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
7) Mechanical Engineering
8) Manufacturing Engineering
Educational Qualification Required to apply are as below:
– Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.
– Candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she has taken Biology in BITSAT) subjects in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics / Biology subjects.
– Only Students who are appearing for 12th examination or who have passed 12th Examination in the previous year are eligible to appear in the BITSAT test.
– Direct Admission to Board Toppers– Students who obtain First Rank in any central or state level board exam in India will be given direct admission to the programme of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT score subject to fulfilling the eligibility criteria.
BITSAT Exam Pattern: BITSAT is a Computer Based Online test. Candidates have to sit in front of a computer and have to answers the questions on the computer through the use of keyboard or mouse. BITSAT Exam will be of total 3 hour duration (without break). The test consists of four parts as stated below:
BITSAT Online Exam Pattern :
|Part||Subject||Max. Questions||Time Alloted|
|03||i) English Proficiency|
ii) Logical Reasoning
(Biology for B.Pharm)
NOTE:– Negative Marking: Each correct answer fetches 3 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1mark)
– If a candidate answers all the 150 questions (without skipping any question), the candidate will have an option of attempting 12 (twelve) extra questions, if there is still time left. These extra questions will be from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology only; four questions from each part. Further, once the candidate has opted for extra questions, he cannot go back for correction of any of the earlier answered 150 questions.
Some of the books which can help candidates to prepare for BITS Admission Test or BITSAT are suggested as below.
These books consists of all the related topics at one place.
Book for BITSAT English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning only :
Syllabus for BITSAT Exam: The BITSAT test will be conducted on the basis of NCERT syllabus for 11th and 12th class. Candidates may refer to the NCERT textbooks for the contents. Candidates can Download BITSAT Syllabus of all the subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics/Biology from here.
Candidates can also practice through BITSAT Online Sample Test here.
We wish our candidates All The Best for the Upcoming Exams and wish them great future ahead!!
Leave a comment below if you can suggest some other good books for this course. Also, if you have used the above books, please do provide a feedback.