Delhi Subordinate Service Selection Board (DSSSB) recruits for the posts under Govt. of NCT ( National Capital Territory of Delhi), Municipal Corporations of Delhi (SDMC, NDMC & EDMC), New Delhi Municipal Council & Autonomous Bodies of Govt. of NCT of Delhi at a very large scale. DSSSB consist of One Tier, Two Tier and Three Tier posts. By appearing in DSSSB exam, candidates can apply for the posts named stated below:
2. Occupational Therapist/ Recreational Therapist
3. Speech Therapist
4. Pharmacist/ Dispenser
5. Pharmacist (Allopathy)
7. Homeopathic Compounder
8. Pharmacist (Ayurveda)
9. Pharmacist (Unani)
10. Junior Pharmacist
11. Staff Nurse Grade-B
12. Auxilliary Nurse/ Midwife
13. Auxilliary Nurse/ Midwife (ANM)
14. Medical Social Worker
15. Laboratory Technician
16. O.T. Assistant
17. Asstt. Malaria Inspector
18. Assistant Public Health Inspector/ Vaccinator
19.T.B. Health Visitor
20. E.C.G. Technician
21. Dental Hygienist/ Technician
22. Audiometric Assistant
23. Plaster Assistant
24. Laboratory Technician Grade-IV in PCR Hepatitis
26. Laboratory Assistant(Group-IV)
27. Laboratory Assistant (Group-IV) in PCR Hepatitis
28. Technical Assistant Lab. (Group-IV)
29. Laboratory Technician (Group-IV)
30. Laboratory Technician (Group-III)
31. Assistant (OT/CSSD)
32. Technician (OT/CSSD)
34. Assistant Dietician
35. Public Health Nurse
37. Lecturer –II S. Science, DIETs
38. Lecturer –II W.E. & V.E.
39. Lecturer –II Work Experience, DIETs
40. Lecturer –II Physical education, DIETs
41. Lecturer –II P & M, DIETs
42. Lecturer –II Educational Technology (ET), DIETs
43. Lecturer –II IFIC, DIETs
44. Lecturer –II District Resource Unit (DRU), DIETs
45. Lecturer –II Foundation, DIETs
46. Lecturer –II E.T.
47. Lecturer –II EF & NFE
48. Lecturer –II Hindi, DIETs
49. Lecturer –II Maths, DIETs
50. Lecturer –II Planning & Administration
51. Lecturer –II S.Science & Hum. Education
52. Lecturer –II Science & Maths
53. Lecturer –II Science DIETs
54. Assistant Teacher (Urdu)
56. Accounts Clerk
57. Accounts Assistant
59. Junior Auditor
60. Statistical Assistant
61. Wild Life Inspector
62. Forest Guard
63. Sub Officer
64. Battery Fitter
65. Fire Operator
66. Radio Telephone Operator
67. Laboratory Technician
68. Laboratory Assistant
69. Assistant Bacteriologist
70. Fitter Electrical 2nd Electric Driver 2nd Class, Motorman/
Pump Driver/ Switch Board Operator
71. Sr. Scientific Assistant (Chemistry)
72. Sr. Scientific Assistant (Pharmacology)
73. Sr. Scientific Assistant (Microbiology)
74. Laboratory Assistant (Microbiology)
75. Laboratory Assistant (Chemistry)
76. Programming Assistant
78. Architectural Assistant/ Assistant Architect
79. Telephone Operator
80. Publicity Assistant
81. Mechanic (air Conditioning & Refrigeration)
82. Sewer Cleaning Machine Operator
83. Veterinary & Live Stock Inspector
84. Assistant Sanitary Inspector
85. Assistant Planner|
86. Radio Technician
87. Craft Instructor Surveyor
88. Craft Instructor of Draughtsman Mechanical
89. Craft Instructor Refrigeration & Air Conditioner Mechanic
90. Craft Instructor Welder (Gas & Electric)
91. Craft Instructor Mechanic Motor Vehicle
92. Instructor Drawing
93. Craft Instructor Electrician
94. Craft Instructor (Auto Electrician)
95. Craft Instructor Scooter & auto Cycle Mechanic
96. Craft Instructor (Wireman)
97. Craft Instructor (Hair & Skin Care)
98. Instructor (Mill Wright)
99. Craft Instructor Tool & Die Maker (Dies & Muolds)
100. Craft Instructor Tools & Die Maker (Press Tools, Jigs & Fixtures)
101. Craft Instructor Food Production (Gen.)
102. Craft Instructor Steward
103. Craft Instructor Draughtsman (Civil)
104. Craft Instructor Machinist Grinder
105. Craft Instructor Plastic Processing Operator
106. Craft Instructor Computer Operator & Programming Assistant
107. Craft Instructor Commercial Art
108. Craft Instructor Architectural Assistant
109. Craft Instructor Digital Photographer
110. Craft Instructor Front Office Assistant
111. Craft Instructor Health & Sanitary Inspector
112. Craft Instructor Interior Decoration & Dressing
113. Craft Instructor Tourist Guide
114. Craft Instructor Computer Hardware &Networking
115. Craft Instructor Data Entry Operator
116. Craft Instructor Fashion Technology
117. Craft Instructor Information Technology & Electronic System Maintenance
118. Craft Instructor secretarial Practice (English)
119. Craft Instructor Basic Fitting & Measurement
120. Craft Instructor Basic Sheet Metal Work & Welding
121. Craft Instructor Basic Electrical & Electronic and Computer Skill
122.Craft Instructor Basic Turning & Grinding
123. Craft Instructor Basic Milling & Gear Cutting
124. Craft Instructor Basic CNC Programming & Operation and Hydraulics & Pneumatics
125. Craft Instructor Basic Electrical & Electronics
126. Craft Instructor Basic Microprocessor
127. Craft Instructor Basic Electrical Engineering
128. Craft Instructor Basic Wiring & Winding
129. Craft Instructor Basic Petrol Diesel Engine
130. Craft Instructor Transmission, suspension, Steering System & Breaks
131. Craft Instructor Basic Engineering Skill
132. Craft Instructor Basic Electrical Engineering
133.Craft Instructor Basic Power Generation, Transmission & Distribution
134. Craft Instructor Basic Computer Operating Skills & its Applications
135. Instructor Mathematics
136. Workshop Assistant
137. Special Education Teacher
138. Special Educator
139. Welfare Officer Grade-II
140. Staff Nurse
141. Assistant Teacher (Primary)
142. Dental Hygienist
143. Stenographer, Grade-III
144. Clerical Assistant
145. Staff Car Driver
148. Statistical Assistant
150. PGT- Chemistry
151. PGT- Commerce
156. PGT-Physical Education
157. PGT-Pol. Science
162. PGT -Engineering (Drawing)
163. PGT (Painting)
164. PGT- Home Science
165. PGT- Punjabi
166. PGT -Urdu
167. TGT (Computer Science)
168. Drawing Teacher
Eligibility Required to apply are as below:
Age Limit: Candidates must be between the age of 18 to 30 years at the time of applying (vary as per the post).
Education Qualifications: Candidates must be matric pass from recognized University/ Board/ School or equivalent. OR
At least 2nd class (50% or above) Master’s degree in Home Science/ Drawing/Fine Art/Commercial Art/Agriculture/Commerce/Computer Science/Computer Application/Social Work from recognized University. OR 2nd class (50% or above) Master’s degree in Science/Social Science/Humanities with P.G Diploma in Computer Science/Applications, from recognized University. OR At least 2nd class (50% or above) Degree in Electronics/Electrical/Computer Engineering, from recognized University.
Education qualification vary as per the post candidates are applying. Refer notification for more details.
Delhi Subordinate Service Selection Board (DSSSB) Exam Pattern: The selection process consist of One Tier, Two Tier and Three Tier examination scheme and Physical Endurance Test, Skill Test wherever applicable. The Examination questions will be bilingual in Hindi & English except for the Languages papers which would be in the concerned language only.
|Tier||Subject||Max. Marks||Time Allotted|
|Tier-I||A). 1. General Awareness|
2. General Intelligence & Reasoning Ability
3. Arithmetical & Numerical Ability
4. Test of Hindi Language & Comprehension
5. Test of English Language & Comprehension.
B). Objective type multiple choice questions on the
subject concerned as per the qualification prescribed
for the post.
|Tier-II||A). Subject/ qualification Related paper (150 Marks)|
B). English language & Comprehension (50 Marks)
NOTE:– For One Tier posts candidates have to appear only in Tier-I paper but for Two and Three Tier posts candidates have to appear in both Tier I and Tier II papers.
– Negative Marking will be applicable and deduction of 0.25 marks will be made for each wrong MCQ answer.
Some of the books which can help candidates to prepare for Delhi Subordinate Service Selection Board (DSSSB) Exam or DSSSB Exam are suggested as below.
Books For DSSSB Exam (In English):
Books For DSSSB Exam (In Hindi):
Syllabus for Delhi Subordinate Service Selection Board (DSSSB) Exam: DSSSB Syllabus for One Tier, Two Tier and Three Tier Examination Schemes includes:
Syllabus of One Tier Examination
(i) General Awareness: Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s General Awareness of the environment around him/her and its application to society. The questions will be designed to test knowledge of Current Events and of such matter of everyday observation as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to History, Polity, Constitution, Sports, Art & Culture, Geography, Economics, Everyday Science, Scientific Research, National/International Organizations /Institutions etc.
(ii) General Intelligence & Reasoning Ability: The syllabus of General Intelligence & Reasoning Ability includes questions of both verbal and non-verbal types. Test may include questions on analogies, similarities, differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgement,
decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship, concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series etc.
(iii) Arithmetical & Numerical Ability : The test of Arithmetical and Numerical Abilities will cover Number Systems including questions on Simplification, Decimals, Fractions, L.C.M., H.C.F., Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Average, Profit & Loss, Discount, Simple & Compound Interest, Mensuration, Time & Work, Time & Distance, Tables & Graphs etc. of 10thlevel.
(iv) & (v) Hindi Language & Comprehension and English Language & Comprehension: In addition to the testing of candidate’s understanding and comprehension of the English and Hindi Languages, questions on its Vocabulary, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms and its correct usage etc. would also be covered.
Post specific subject related questions: Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions on the subject concerned as per the qualification prescribed in the Recruitment Rules for the post.
Two Tier & Three Tier Examination Schemes:
I. Syllabus of TIER-I Exam will be same as of One Tier exam.
II. Syllabus of TIER-II Exam:
Part-I (MCQ/Objective type)
– General Intelligence & reasoning ability- same as in tier-I but with slightly higher level
– Quantitative Aptitude- In addition to Arithmetical and Numerical Abilities as in tier-I with slightly higher level, there will be questions on data interpretation & Analysis.
– General Awareness: in addition to topics given for Tier-I there shall be question on history,culture, demography, geography & economy of Delhi, Administrative set up and Governance in NCT of Delhi, various schemes of Delhi Govt.
– English language & Comprehension- same as in tier-I but with slightly higher level
– Essay writing: Topics on current affairs of National and International interests, culture, society,women empowerment, environment, Relation with neighboring countries, etc.
– Letter writing: Letters on various subjects like request to Registering authorities for issue of birth certificate, marriage registration, to get commercial loan from banks, to get membership from various councils, lodging police complaints, letter to Editor of a newspaper highlighting social evils, letter to Municipal Authorities highlighting various civic issues like road, sanitation, street lights etc.
– Expansion of Ideas in English language: candidate will be required to elaborate their ideas on specific quotes/ topics for example, “Everything that glitter is not gold; As you sow, so shall you reap; Once in a blue moon” and on other topics of general interests.
* Subject / Qualification Related paper. As per qualification prescribed in the RRs.
We wish our candidates All The Best for the Upcoming Exams and wish them great future ahead!!
Leave a comment below if you can suggest some other good books for this course. Also, if you have used the above books, please do provide a feedback.