Staff Selection Commission (SSC) every year conducts a combined All India Open Examination for recruitment to the posts of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and Grade ‘D’ at a very large scale. This Examination comprises of a Written
Objective Type Examination followed by Skill Test in Stenography.
SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria:– Eligibility required to appear for SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and Grade ‘D’ posts are as follows-
Age Limit: Candidate must be between the age of 18 to 27 years at the time of applying.
Educational Qualification: Candidate must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent from a recognized Board or University.
– Candidates who will acquire the required educational qualification from the Board/University before conduct of skill test are also eligible to apply.
SSC Stenographer Written Examination Pattern: The examination will consist of a written examination followed by Skill Test in stenography. The written examination will consist of objective type paper.
|Part||Subject||No.of Questions||Max. Marks||Time Allotted|
|I||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50|
120 Minutes( 2hrs )
|III||English Language and|
NOTE:– The questions except in Part III will be set both in English & Hindi.
– There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
– Candidates have to achieve minimum qualifying marks in each part of the Written Examination.
SSC Stenographer Skill Test Pattern: Candidates who obtain the qualifying marks in the Written Examination will only be called for the Skill Test. Candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English / Hindi at the speed of 100 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’. The matter will be transcribed on computer only.
The transcription time is as follows:-
|For Stenographer Grade ‘D’|| 50 minutes ( English )|
65 minutes ( Hindi )
|For Stenographer Grade ‘C’|| 40 minutes ( English )|
55 Minutes ( Hindi )
Candidates will be shortlisted for the skill test on the basis of their performance in the Written Examination.
Some of the books which can help candidates to prepare for SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and Grade ‘D’ are suggested as below-
1) Books For SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and Grade ‘D’ Preparation (In English):
2) Books For SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and Grade ‘D’ Preparation (In Hindi):
These books consists of all the related topics at one place.
Syllabus for SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and Grade ‘D’:
– General Intelligence & Reasoning: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series etc. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate‟s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions.
– General Awareness: Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
– English Language & Comprehension: In addition to the testing of candidates’ understanding of the English Language, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc. his/her writing ability, would also be tested.
We wish our candidates All The Best for the Upcoming Exams and wish them great future ahead!!
Leave a comment below for any further queries or suggestions.