Uttar Pradesh Combined Pre-medical Test commonly called UPCPMT exam is a state level medical entrance exam conducted by King George’s Medical University, Lucknow. UPCPMT is held once every year in the month of June for admission to undergraduate medical courses like Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS), Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS), Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS) and Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS).
Score card of UPCPMT is accepted for admissions to various other medical colleges including government as well as top private colleges.
Eligibility Required to apply for UPCPMT Exam are as below:
– Age Limit: Candidate must be at least 17 years of age at the time of applying.
– Educational Qualification:– Candidates must have qualified Class XII examination in the 10+2 pattern with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 higher secondary examination after a period of 12 years study,the last two years of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research & Training
– The intermediate examination in science of an Indian University, Board or other recognized examination body with Physics, Chemistry and Biology which shall include a practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject.
– The pre‐professional/pre‐medical examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology,after passing either the higher secondary school examination or the pre‐university of an equivalent examination shall include a practical test is Physics, Chemistry and Biology and also English as a compulsory subject.
– B.Sc examination of an Indian University, provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc examination with not less than two of the following subjects in Physics, Chemistry,Biology (Botany, Zoology) and further that he/she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with the following subjects ‐ Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
– Any other examination which, in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the intermediate science examination of an Indian University/Board taking Physics,Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in each of these subjects and English.
Exam Pattern for UPCPMT: The examination will be conducted in one paper which will consist of 200 Objective type questions on Physics, Chemistry, Zoology and Botany.
|S.No.||Subjects||Max. Questions||Max. Marks||Time Allotted|
NOTE:– There will be no negative marking in the exam.
– Exam will be conducted in both the languages i.e. Hindi and English.
Some of the books which can help candidates to prepare for UPCPMT exam or Uttar Pradesh Combined Premedical Test are suggested as below-
Best Books for UPCPMT Exam:
Syllabus for UPCPMT: UPCPMT syllabus consists of Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany of class 11th and 12th. Candidates can also download UPCPMT syllabus from here.
These books consists of all the related topics at one place.
We wish our candidates All The Best for the Upcoming Exams and wish them great future ahead!!
Leave a comment below for any further queries or suggestions.
Best books for cpmt