National Eligibility and Entrance Test or NEET is the National Level Common Entrance Examination held in India, conducted by the Medical Council of India for students of Medical Science, who wish to qualify for admission to MBBS or BDS. Students of class XII who wishes to sit in a single entrance examination to get admission to all government as well as private medical colleges in India.
NEET for Under Graduate exam is conducted by the CBSE, but was replaced by AIPMT last year but now by the orders of Supreme Court NEET UG is going to conduct again from 2016 onwards .
Eligibility Criteria for NEET UG 2016:
–Age Limit– Candidate should have completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS Course.
– Educational Qualifications– Candidates must have passed class 12th with minimum 50% marks in physics, chemistry, biology or biochemistry subjects taken together in qualifying examination from a recognized university at the time of applying.
– Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes candidates require 40% marks in physics, chemistry, biology or biochemistry subjects taken together in qualifying examination.
Exam Pattern for NEET UG 2016: NEET entrance exam consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology). Examination Time will be of 3 hours(180 minutes) in which 3 sections need to be completed.
|Subject||No.of Questions||Max. Marks||Time Allotted|
180 Minutes( 3hrs )
–NOTE– Candidates can opt for Question Paper either in English or in Hindi.
– No Negative marking will be their according to present status.
Syllabus for NEET UG 2016: Candidates can go through the syllabus of NEET UG 2016 (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) here. Syllabus includes topics of class 11th and class 12th.
So many students who are struggling for admissions can start preparing from now as they have very short time and have to cover plenty of syllabus.
Some of the books which can help candidates to prepare for their exams are suggested as below-
1) For Biology Section Preparation
2) For Physics Section Preparation
3) For Chemistry Section Preparation
As NEET exam is near, so candidates can go through the books which offer crash courses which means books by which all the syllabus can be covered easily and efficiently in just 40 days.
NEET 2016 Solved Paper/Practice Paper:
Above stated books are best for revision purpose or to prepare for NEET in short time.
We wish our candidates All The Best for the Upcoming Exams and wish them great future ahead!!
Leave a comment below for any further queries or suggestions.