The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) holds the National Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA) Examination every year for admission of the candidates in large quantity to the Army, Navy and Air Force wing of the NDA and Naval Academy.
Only Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for these posts. The candidates who got selected for joining Indian Naval Academy would undergo 4 years B.Tech course and would be given an opportunity to join Executive and Technical Branches of the Navy subject to availability of vacancies.
Educational Qualification Required to apply for this post are as below:
- for Army : 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- For Air Force, Navy and Naval Academy : 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University with Physics and Mathematics subjects
- Physical Standards: Candidates must be physically fit according to the Regulations given in notice.
Note: Candidates appearing in 11th standard are not eligible to apply for the posts, whereas the candidates who are pursuing 12th standard or equivalent (yet not completed) are eligible to apply.
UPSC National Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA) Exam Pattern: The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject is as follows:
|Code||Subject||Max. Marks||Time Alloted|
|02||General Ability Test|
Part A- English(200 marks)
Part B- Gen Knowledge(400marks)
- All papers in all subjects will consist of Objective Type Questions only.
- Both the papers will be set in Hindi as well as English (both).
- General Ability Test will consist of two parts:
Part A – English carrying 200 marks.
Part B – General Knowledge carrying 400marks.
Some of the books which can help candidates to prepare for UPSC National Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA) Exam are suggested as below-
In English & Hindi:
Previous year solved papers for practice are as below:
These books consists of all the related topics at one place.
We wish our candidates All The Best for the Upcoming Exams and wish them great future ahead!!
Leave a comment below for any further queries or suggestions.