All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) every year conducts the Competitive Medical Entrance Examination in both modes i.e. Online as well as Offline (Pen & Paper) mode for admissions to Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.) course. Under the PradhanMantriSwasthyaSurakshaYojana six new All India Institutes of Medical Sciences have been established similar to AIIMS, New Delhi at Bhopal, Patna, Jodhpur, Rishikesh, Raipur and Bhubaneswar this year and the session will will start in August 2014 with 100 students in each of the institutions. Selection for admission will be done through the same entrance examination through which candidates are selected for AIIMS New Delhi. The Admission will be done on the basis of merit-cum-choice of the candidates.
Duration of Course: The Course of studies leading to the award of degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.) of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences shall last for a minimum of 5½ academic years including one year’s compulsory internship.
Eligibility Required to apply is as below:
Age Limit: Candidates should have attained or will attain the age of 17 (seventeen) years as on the 31st of December of the year of admission.
Education Qualifications: Candidates must have passed the 12th Class under the 10+2 Scheme/ Senior School Certificate Examination (CSBE) or Intermediate Science (I.Sc.) or an equivalent examination of a recognized University/ Board of any Indian State with ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY.
– Candidates who have appeared or are appearing at the qualifying examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subject and expect to pass the examination with required percentage of marks are also eligible to apply and appear in the Competitive Entrance Examination.
However, their candidature will be considered only if they provide documentary evidence of having passed the qualifying examination with the required subjects and percentage of marks.
– If the Institute has to consider an examination of an Indian University or of a foreign/university to be equivalent to the 12th class under 10+2 scheme/Intermediate Science examination, the candidates shall have to produce a certificate from the concerned Indian University/Association of
the Indian Universities to the effect that the examination passed by him/her is considered by them to be equivalent to the 12th class under 10+2 scheme/Intermediate.
– The minimum aggregate of the marks in ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY obtained in the qualifying examination required for appearing in the examination are : General and OBC candidates: 60% and SC/ST/OPH Candidates 50% marks.
AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam Pattern:All candidates are required to appear at the Competitive Entrance Examination, which
will be conducted by the AIIMS, New Delhi. The Competitive Entrance Examination will be of 3.5 hours duration and will have one paper consisting of 200 objective type (multiple choice and reason-assertion type) questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge. The distribution of questions will be as follows:
|Biology (Botany and Zoology)
NOTE:– Question paper will be provided either in English or in Hindi according to the choice of candidates.
– Negative Marking: Each incorrect response will get a score of -1/3 (minus-one-third).
– Minimum Cut off Marks: Candidate belonging to General category will be required to have 50% minimum marks in the entrance examination to qualify. Those belonging to OBC category will be required to have minimum 45% marks and those belonging to SC/ST Categories will be required to have atleast 40% minimum marks in the Entrance Examination. The same rule will apply for the six new AIIMS also.
Syllabus for AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam: The general standard of the Competitive Entrance Examination will be that of 12th class under the 10+2 Scheme/Intermediate Science. No syllabus has been prescribed by the Institute for the examination.
Some of the books which can help candidates to prepare for All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) MBBS Entrance Exam and AIIMS UG Exam are suggested as below.
Biology Book for AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam
Physics Book for AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam
Chemistry Book for AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam
AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam Previous Year Solved Papers which candidates should refer for practice are :
We wish all candidates All The Best for the Upcoming Exams and wish them great future ahead!!
Leave a comment below if you can suggest some other good books for this course. Also, if you have used the above books, please do provide a feedback.