XLRI (Xavier Labour Relations Institute) conducts XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) exam every year at national level for the admission in the post graduate management programs in more than 100 management institutes all over India. XLRI allows admission for the following programmes through XAT Exam:
i) PGDM (Business Management)
ii) PGDM (Human Resource Management)
iii) PGDM (Global MBA)
iv) PGDM (General Management)
Eligibility for XAT Exam:
– Candidates must hold a recognized bachelor’s degree of minimum three years duration in any discipline.
– Final year candidates of graduation can also apply for the exam.
XAT Exam Pattern: XAT exam is conducted in two main parts i.e. objective and subjective type. Exam will be of total 3 hours which is divided into 2 hours 20 minutes for objective section and remaining 40 minutes for subjective section. Subjective test consist of general awareness and essay writing.XAT Exam Pattern is as follows:
|Test Type||Sections||Max. Questions||Time Allotted|
|English Language & Logical Reasoning||28|
|Subjective||General Awareness & Essay||30||40 minutes|
NOTE: Negative marking- 1/4th of the mark allotted to a question will be deducted for incorrect answer.
Some of the books which can help candidates to prepare for XAT entrance exam are suggested as below-
1) XAT Quantitative Ability Preparation Book:
2) XAT English Language & Logical Reasoning Preparation Book:
3) XAT Decision Making Preparation Book:
4) XAT General Awareness Preparation Book:
5) XAT Previous Year Papers/ Sample Papers for practice:
XAT Exam Pattern: Syllabus of XAT exam is similar to CAT exam. There is no prescribed syllabus for the exam to refer. Candidates can refer previous year papers and mock test for better understanding of the exam. Some XAT sample papers are available here.
We wish our candidates All The Best for the Upcoming Exams and wish them great future ahead!!
Leave a comment below for any further queries or suggestions.