THE COMMON ADMISSION TEST (CAT) is conducted by the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) and is the first step in the process of seeking admission to the IIMs. CAT is considered one of the most important national standards for entrance to management institutes. Apart from the Indian Institutes of Management, over 50 other management institute use the CAT score for shorting candidates.
Eligibility Required to apply for CAT Entrance exam:
– Candidate must be a Graduate with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of SC/ST/DA/PWD) or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the ministry of HRD, Government of India.
– Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree / equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
CAT Selection Process: Selection process includes Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) followed by Personal Interview (PI). Performance in Written Ability Test (WAT) is most important component in selection process. IIMs may also use previous academic performance, relevant work experience and other similar inputs while shortlisting the candidates.
CAT Written Ability Test (WAT) Pattern: CAT Written Ability Test will be conducted in two sections –
1) Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation.
2) Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning.
|Paper||Sections||Max. Questions||Time Alloted||Total Time|
|1|| Quantitative Ability &|
|2||Verbal Ability &|
NOTE:- CAT exam is two hours and thirty minutes including 15 minutes tutorial.
– Test comprises of total 60 objective type questions. A 15-minute tutorial will be provided before the start of the test, and candidates are advised to go through that carefully before starting the main examination.
– Once the time ends for the first section, they will move to the second section and will no longer be able to go back.
Some of the books which can help candidates to prepare for Common Admission Test (CAT) Exam or CAT IIMs Exam are suggested as below:
1) Books for CAT Quantitative Ability (QA):
2) Books for CAT Data Interpretation (DI):
3) Books for CAT Verbal Ability (VA):
4) Books for CAT Logical Reasoning (LR):
Or you can also refer these all in one books which cover all the sections at one place with CAT sample paper / practice papers:
We wish our candidates All The Best for the Upcoming Exams and wish them great future ahead!!
Leave a comment below for any futher queries or suggestions.