Interview is a major part of recruitment whether it is for college admission or for the job vacancies. During the interview, interviewer check your confidence, communication skills, how you dress yourself, how you respond to his questions and many more things. So, one should prepare himself well before facing the interview. He must be able to reply to the questions asked by the interviewer in a smart and confidant way. For this, he should well aware of the company/organization of which he is keen to be the part of. Also, some questions are common which are asked in mostly all interviews like:
- introduce yourself?
- Where you look yourself after 5 years?
- What are some of your strengths and weaknesses ?
- Why do you want this job?
- Why should we hire you?
It’s better to prepare answer to these questions before the interview. Some other important things which one should keep in mind before interview are:
1) Dress Formally: Professional business clothes are always appropriate, regardless of the type of job you are interviewing for. Proper hygiene and a tidy appearance are important. Iron your clothes if you can, and avoid strong perfumes.
2) Reach on time: Try to arrive 5 or 10 minutes early to be safe. Find out ahead of time where you’re going and how long it will take to get there. Drive or travel the route a day or two ahead, at the same time of day as you will on the day of the interview. Have a back-up plan.
3) Be Honest: If you’re excited about the job, don’t be afraid to show it. Employers want passionate employees, so be yourself. Just remember to always keep it professional.
4) Be confident: Feeling nervous in an interview is perfectly normal; just don’t let your nerves overpower your interview. Eye contact and clear speaking voice are excellent ways to show your confidence.
5) Watch your body language. During your interview, relax and sit naturally, but don’t slouch in your chair or lean on the interviewer’s desk. Avoid chewing gums etc. during interview.
6) Be professional: This begins with a smile and a firm handshake. Remember, this is your first introduction to the organization, so be polite to everyone you meet and turn off your cell phone.
7) Think before you speak: Although you want to be open and honest in your interview, avoid talking about your personal or financial problems.
Some good books that can help you to prepare for your interview well are as follows:
These books consists of all the interview questions at one place. You can refer any one of them.
We wish our candidates All The Best for the Upcoming Exams/Interviews and wish them great future ahead!!
Leave a comment below for any futher queries or suggestions.