Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) is an exclusive entrance examination for all B.Tech. programmes at VIT University for those candidates who want to make there career in engineering stream. Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) is a prestigious deemed university offering 18 undergraduate and 34 postgraduate programmes at Vellore and Chennai Campus. B.Tech programmes offered by university are as follows:
– Bio-Medical Engineering
– Civil Engineering
– Computer Science and Engineering
– Computer Science and Engg (Spec. in Bioinformatics)
– Electronics and Communication Engineering
– Electrical and Electronics Engineering
– Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
– Information Technology
– Mechanical Engineering
– Mechanical (Spec. in Automotive Engineering)
– Mechanical (Spec. in Chemical Process Engg.)
– Mechanical (Spec. in Energy Engineering)
– Production and Industrial Engineering.
Eligibility Required to apply are as below:
Age Limit: Candidate must not be more than 22 years at the time of applying.
Educational Qualification: Candidates appearing for the VITEEE should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
– Candidates who are appearing in final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi), The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE, New Delhi) are eligible to apply.
NOTE:– Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible for all the 14 B.Tech. Degree Programmes.
– Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible for B.Tech. Bio-Medical Engineering and Biotechnology programmes. They are also eligible for B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering (Spec. in Bioinformatics) but after joining, registering Mathematics as bridge course is mandatory.
VITEEE Exam Pattern: VITEEE Exam is a computer based test (CBT) consists of all objective type questions. Each question is followed by 4 alternative answers. The candidates have to choose the correct answer and click the same. Exam is divided in 3 main parts stated as below, physics and chemistry are compulsory to attend whereas candidates can choose between Mathematics and Biology according to their specialization.
Candidates attempting Parts – Physics, Chemistry & Biology are eligible for B.Tech. Bio-Medical Engineering, Biotechnology and Computer Science and Engg (Spec. in Bioinformatics) programmes only whereas candidates attempting Parts – Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics are eligible for all 14 B.Tech programmes.
VITEEE Online Exam Pattern :
|Part||Subject||Max. Questions||Max. Marks||Time Allotted|
|III||Mathematics / Biology||40||40|
NOTE:– The Question paper will be only in English language.
– No negative marks for wrong answers will be done.
Some of the books which can help candidates to prepare for VIT Entrance Exam or VITEEE are suggested as below.
1) Books for VITEEE Physics:
2) Books for VITEEE Chemistry:
3) Books for VITEEE Mathematics:
Syllabus for VIT Exam: The VITEE exam will be conducted on the basis of NCERT syllabus for 11th and 12th class. Candidates may refer to the NCERT textbooks for the contents. Candidates can also download detailed VITEEE Syllabus of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology from here.
We wish our candidates All The Best for the Upcoming Exams and wish them great future ahead!!
Leave a comment below if you can suggest some other good books for this course. Also, if you have used the above books, please do provide a feedback.