Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is an all India common entrance examination which is conducted for admission to undergraduate programmes in engineering would be conducted in two parts, JEE-MAIN and JEE-ADVANCE.
The admission to the undergraduate programmes at the IITs and ISM will be based on a two-tier test.
Note: Only 2,00,000 of the top rankers in JEE(Main), which includes students from all categories( GE,OBC(NCL), SC and ST ) will be eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced).
Eligibility Criteria for JEE (Advanced) 2016:
– Performance in JEE (Main): Candidates should be among the top 2,00,000 (including all categories) by scoring positive marks in Paper-1 of JEE (Main).
– Age limit: Candidates should not be more then 25 year of age.
– Number of attempts: Candidate can attempt JEE (Advanced) a maximum of two times in consecutive years.
– Appearance in Class XII (or equivalent) examination: Candidate should have appeared for the Class XII (or equivalent) examination for the first time in all the subjects in either 2015 or 2016.
Exam Pattern for JEE (Advanced) 2016:
The JEE (Advanced) will have two objective type papers. Each paper will consist of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Duration of each paper will be 3-hours. Question papers will be in both English and Hindi. Admissions to IITs will be based only on category wise All India Rank (AIR) in JEE (Advanced) subject to the condition that such candidates are in the top 20 percentile of successful candidates of their Boards in applicable categories.
Some of the books which can help candidates to prepare for JEE (Advanced) exam are suggested as below-
1) Best Books for JEE Advanced Mathematics:
2) Best Books for JEE Advanced Physics:
3) Best Books for JEE Advanced Chemistry:
And for JEE (Advanced) 2016 exam mock test and practice set you can buy :
These books consists of all the related topics at one place.
Syllabus of JEE Advance: Candidates can go through the JEE Advance Syllabus of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics here.
We wish our candidates All The Best for the Upcoming Exams and wish them great future ahead!!
Leave a comment below for any futher queries or suggestions.