CAIIB – Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers is conducted by Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF) twice a year. IIBF is India’s premier institute in banking and finance education, aiming for professional excellence. Indian Institute of Banking & Finance conducts various banking courses among which main courses of IIBF are CAIIB or its equivalent PG Diploma in Banking & Finance (DBF) and JAIIB.
CAIIB (Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers) aims at providing advanced knowledge necessary for better decision making covering risk, financial and general bank management. CAIIB Examination is conducted in offline mode only.
Required Eligibility to Apply for CAIIB Exam
1. The Examination is open only to the ordinary members of the Institute who are in employment of the Institutions which are Institutional Members of IIBF provided individual and institutional subscription is not in arrears.
2. New members are advised of the examination for which they are eligible to appear while intimating their respective membership numbers.
3. a) Candidates must have passed the matriculation examination or its equivalent.
b) The Institute may, however at its discretion, allow any candidate from clerical or supervisory staff cadre to appear at the examination on the recommendation of the Manager of the bank / officer-in-charge of the bank’s office where the candidate is working, even if he/ she is not a matriculate or its equivalent.
c) Subordinate staff of recognised Banking / Financial Institutions in India, who are members of the Institute, are eligible to appear at the examination, provided they have passed the matriculation examination or its equivalent.
4. A candidate applying for CAIIB must have completed JAIIB or Part I of the Associate examination under old syllabus.
CAIIB Exam (Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers) Exam Pattern:The CAIIB Examination consists of objective type (multiple choice) questions. CAIIB Exam consists of 2 compulsory papers namely: Advanced Bank Management & Bank Financial Management Papers, and One Elective paper. Case study based questions can also be asked.
Questions for the examination will be asked for :
(i) Knowledge testing
(ii) Conceptual grasp
(iii) Analytical / logical exposition
(iv) Problem solving
(v) Case analysis
Further, questions based on current developments in banking and finance may be asked in the exam.
|Part||Subject||Max. Marks||Max. Questions||Time Alloted|
|I||Advanced Bank Management||100||90||2 hours|
|II||Bank Financial Management||100||90||2 hours|
(Any 1 subject from below list)
Candidates can choose any one subject for the Elective Paper of their choice from the below list:
- Corporate Banking
- Retail Banking
- Co-operative Banking
- Rural Banking
- International Banking
- Central Banking
- Information Technology
- Financial Advising
- Human Resources Management
- Risk Management
- Treasury Management
- Examination will be conducted in offline mode only.
- Examination will be held on three consecutive Sundays (one paper on each Sunday).
- Candidates are allowed to attempt the examination either in Hindi or English.
- NO negative marking for wrong answers.
- Passing Criteria: Minimum marks for passing every subject – 50 out of 100 marks
Some of the books which can help candidates to prepare for IIBF CAIIB Exam (Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers) are suggested as below-
1) CAIIB Advanced Bank Management Book and Bank Financial Management Book:
2) CAIIB Elective Paper Books: Candidates can choose according to their elective subjects. Below stated books are for CAIIB Corporate Banking, Retail Banking, Co-operative Banking, Rural Banking respectively-
Below stated books are for CAIIB International Banking, Central Banking, Information Technology, Financial Advising respectively-
Below stated books are for CAIIB Human Resources Management, Risk Management and Treasury Management respectively-
Above stated books consists of all the related topics as mentioned above at one place.
Syllabus for IIBF CAIIB Exam: Candidates can download CAIIB Exam Syllabus from here.
For JAIIB Books, you can refer our post Books for JAIIB Exam Preparation.
We wish our candidates All The Best for the Upcoming Exams and wish them great future ahead!!
Leave a comment below if you can suggest some other good books for this course. Also, if you have used the above books, please do provide a feedback.