The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) offers Indian Chartered Accountancy Course which is necessary for candidates to qualify if they want to pursue their career as a Chartered Accountant in India. Indian Chartered Accountancy Course is considered one of the most rigorous professional course in India.
The Examination Department of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India conducts the Chartered Accountants examinations corresponding to three different levels of the Chartered Accountancy course. Candidates have to clear all three exams-
1) Common Proficiency Test(CPT)
2) Intermediate Integrated Professional Competence(IPCC) Examination
3) Final Examination
CPT is conducted twice a year, in June and December whereas IPCC and Final Examination is conducted in May and November every year.
Eligibility Required to apply for Chartered Accountant – Common Proficiency Test (CPT) are as below:
– Candidate should have passed or appeared in the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 examination) conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination recognized by the Central Government or equivalent.
– Candidate should have registered for/switched over to CPT Course with Board of Studies of ICAI on or before 1st April.
– Exemption from Appearing in CPT: Candidates who are graduate or post graduate in Commerce having secured in aggregate a minimum of 55% of total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination conducted by any recognized University (including Open University) with certain subjects OR Graduates or Post Graduates other than those falling under Commerce stream mentioned above having secured in aggregate a minimum of 60% of the total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination conducted by any recognized University (including Open University) are exempted from passing CPT. They can appear directly to IPCC Exam.
Exam Pattern for C.A.- CPT (Common Proficiency Test): Chartered Accountant – Common Proficiency Test (CPT) is an objective type examination of 200 marks comprising of four sections. Candidate are required to secure, a minimum of 30 percent marks in each Section and a minimum of 50 percent marks in the aggregate of all Sections.
CPT includes following sections:
|Section||Subject||Max. Marks||Time Duration|
|Fundamentals of Accounting|
NOTE:– The language of Question Paper Booklet will be English/Hindi.
– Negative Marking: 1/4 (one fourth) marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Some of the books which can help candidates to prepare for CA- CPT exam or Chartered Accountant – Common Proficiency Test are suggested as below-
1) Books for Fundamentals of Accounting
2) Books for Mercantile Laws
3) Books for General Economics
4) Books for Quantitative Aptitude
Candidates can also practice CA-CPT solved papers, mock test etc. from official website here. Candidates are also suggested to read “How to Face CPT” article.
Syllabus of CA – CPT Exam: Candidates can download section wise syllabus of CPT Exam from here i.e. Fundamentals of Accounting, Mercantile Laws, General Economics and Quantitative Aptitude.
We wish our candidates All The Best for the Upcoming Exams and wish them great future ahead!!
Leave a comment below for any further queries or suggestions.