State bank of India (SBI) is the largest banking and financial services company in India by revenue, assets and market capitalization with its headquarters in Mumbai. Every year bank recruits for the post of Probationary Officers in high scale. Many candidates prepare for this exam whole year to be a part of India’s largest bank.
Bank conducts the exam in two sections:
1) Written Examination (objective and descriptive type)
2) Group Discussion & Interview
Eligibility for SBI PO Exam:
Age Limit:– Candidate must be between the age of 21 years to 30 years at the time of applying.
Educational Qualification:– Candidate should be a Graduate in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
– Candidates who are in the Final year of their Graduation/Semester can also apply for this exam.
1) Phase I : Written Examination
The written examination will consist of objective and descriptive type of test. The objective test will be online. Immediately after online objective test, Descriptive test will be administered. Candidates will have to answer Descriptive test on Paper/Pen mode.
Online Objective Exam Pattern is as follows:
|Sr. No.||Name of the Test||No.of Questions||Max. Marks||Time Allotted|
|1||Reasoning (High Level)||50||50|
Composite time of
|2||Data Analysis and Interpretation||50||50|
|3||General Awareness, Marketing and Computers||50||50|
|4|| English Language (Grammar, Vocabulary,|
Note:– The questions in the tests at Sr. No. 1, 2 and 3 will be printed in Hindi and English.
– Composite time for all the above tests will be Two hours (120 minutes).
– Candidates may attempt the tests / questions in any order they like. However in your interest you are advised not to spend too much time on any one of the tests because the candidates are required to qualify in the Objective Tests by securing passing marks, in each of the tests, to be decided by the Bank on the basis of the performance of all the competing candidates taken together in each test to a minimum required level for each category.
Pattern of Descriptive Paper:
This is to check your proficiency in English Knowledge. It would consist of comprehension, letter writing, essay writing, precis writing etc.
|Test||Max. Marks||Time Allotted|
(comprehension, short precis, letter writing & essay)
You would be given sixty minutes time for this test. Total marks for this paper are 50.
The candidates are required to qualify in the Descriptive Test by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank. Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests as stated above.The merit list of written examination will be based on the aggregate of the marks obtained by the candidates in Objective and Descriptive test.
2) Phase II : Group Discussion & Interview:
The aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in both objective test and descriptive test will be arranged in descending order in each category and the candidates in order of merit, subject to 3 times the number of vacancies in each category, will be called for Group Discussion and Interview.
The qualifying marks in Group Discussion & interview will be as decided by the Bank
|Sr. No.||Name of the Test||Total Marks|
Candidates have to qualify both in Phase I & II separately. Marks secured by the candidates in Written Test (out of 250 marks maximum) are converted to out of 75 and marks secured in GD & Interview (out of 50 marks maximum) are converted to out of 25.The final merit list is arrived at after aggregating converted marks of Written Test and Group Discussion & Interview out of 100 for each category.The selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category.
Some of the books which can help candidates to prepare for their SBI PO exam are suggested as below-
1) In English:
2) In Hindi:
3) For Descriptive English Paper:
4) Computer Based Practice Test Series for SBI PO Exam:
We wish our candidates All The Best for the Upcoming Exams and wish them great future ahead!!
Leave a comment below for any further queries or suggestions.